Built Up is a Training and Sending Ministry at Christ Church designed to train and encourage leaders for gospel ministry in the context of the local church.
The Need for Built Up
As our church family continues to mature and grow, we desire to train and encourage ministry leaders for the building up of the body of Christ. As a church committed to becoming a hub for training and sending, we want to raise up members of Christ Church to share in the joys of ministry leadership for God’s glory and the good of His people. We hope that Built Up will be a good first step to that end for our church family!
Below are the key components for Built Up:
1. Ministry Leadership Trainings (3) // These Trainings will be an opportunity for us to cover things such as: the nature and practice of gospel ministry, the practical logistics of ministry work, the character of ministry leaders, and equipping for the practical application of the gospel ministry context.
- Sunday August 20th, 2023 from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 3rd, 2023 from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Sunday February 18th, 2024 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
2. Book Reading Groups (2) // We will read one book per semester that is aimed towards an aspect of gospel ministry. Everyone will be paired with a Ministry Trainer and a few other participants to meet once per semester to discuss that semester’s book. Everyone who participates in Built Up will receive a free copy of the two books being covered for the year. The book for 2023-24 is:
3. Support + Encouragement from a Ministry Trainer // Everyone will be paired with a Ministry Trainer that will be available to support and encourage ministry leaders throughout the year.
Ministry Leadership Opportunities
While participating in Built Up does not guarantee a ministry leadership opportunity, all who desire to provide ministry leadership at Christ Church will be asked to participate in Built Up. Here are some ministry leadership opportunities at Christ Church:
1. Discipleship Cohorts Coordinator (or Co-Coordinator) // Every Discipleship Cohort will have 1-2 Coordinators that will:
- Organize and facilitate cohort communication and logistics.
- Facilitate meeting times, ensuring that the Elders’ vision for cohorts is being pursued and accomplished.
2. Community Group Leader (or Co-Leader) // Every Community Group will have 2-3 Leaders that will:
- Organize and facilitate group communication and logistics.
- Facilitate meeting times, ensuring that the Elders’ vision for Community Groups is being pursued and accomplished.
3. Service Team Leader (or Leadership Team Member) // Every Service Team at Christ Church will have at least one Leader who:
- Organize and facilitate Service Team communication and logistics.
- Provide managing leadership for Service Team members.
- Ensures that best practices and the Elders’ ministry vision is being implemented.
Who Can Participate?
Any member at Christ Church (or those pursuing membership) is invited to participate in Built Up. Since ministry leadership requires more responsibility, we will ask that those who are providing some kind of ministry leadership at Christ Church (see list above) be those who:
- Have been a member of Christ Church for at least six months
- Have exhibited a heart for the vision and direction of Christ Church
- Is financially supporting the ministry of Christ Church on a regular basis
- Have exhibited a commitment to faithful attendance at Christ Church
- Is able to commit to participating in the key components of Built Up
- Is joyfully able to provide reliable leadership for their ministry opportunity
Contact Pastor Zach Fallon for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org