Family Ministries at Christ Church seek to equip and encourage families to faithfully pass on the gospel to the next generation.
INTRODUCING FAMILY MINISTRY NIGHTS
Starting Fall 2022 we want to begin intentionally encouraging and equipping families to pass on the gospel and build joyful, Christ-honoring homes by hosting monthly Family Ministry Nights (FMNs).
We will meet on the last Wednesday evening of each month (see dates below) from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at Hopewell United Methodist Church (across the street from Sandy Creek High School). The dates for the 2022-23 school year are:
Fall 2022 // October 26th, November 30th
Spring 2023 // January 25th, February 22nd, March 22nd, April 26th
THE SCHEDULE FOR FAMILY MINISTRY NIGHTS
- Arrive/Catch up (10 min)
- Family Worship Time (20 min) // We want to carve out time for families to *rehearse* family devotional time together. During this time, the Elders will lead families in what a fruitful time of being in God’s Word together as a family can look like. This will be a hands-on time for families to spend time together reading, praying, and singing God’s Word together! Anyone is welcome and families are encouraged to invite single adults to join with their family!
- Age-Specific Ministry Gatherings (60 min) // This will be a time wherein we will invest God’s Word for the various life stages of our children and parents.
- For Babies & Toddlers // A safe environment where little ones can play under the care and supervision of MinistrySafe trained Christ Kids workers.
- For Children // Elementary age children (K-5th) will gather together for a fun time of learning and playing with one another under the care and supervision of MinistrySafe trained Christ Kids workers.
- For Youth // Those who are 6th-12th grade will gather together for a time of building relationships with one another and consider the truth of God’s Word together under the leadership of Ministry Workers trained by the Pastor/Elders.
- For Adults // We will offer 7 different workshops for adults on FMNs. Workshops will be aimed towards how to practically live in light of the gospel in various aspects of life
THE BIBLE'S VISION FOR FAMILY DISCIPLESHIP
God has given the unique and important responsibility of passing on the gospel to the next generation to believing parents. God has so designed the family unit that parents would preach, believe, and embody the gospel in their homes in such a way that their children get a clear picture of the message of the gospel and the kind of life God has designed it to create. Family Ministries at Christ Church are designed to encourage, equip and empower these families to pass on the gospel to the next generation. The local church is called to come alongside families for this purpose. We hope that many in the coming generation will be drawn to Jesus Christ through our ministries and life together.